Monday, May 6, 2013

Aoba Seragaki and Jude Mathis figure review

Hi guys!

I received those lovely figures the day after I finished my cosplay for Aoba. I wanted to wait a bit and take more pictures before reviewing them though.

I ordered both of them on Hobbysearch. They weren't supposed to be released together but I was unlucky enough for it to happen. Anyways I'm still happy to have them by my side now, though my wallet is very unhappy XD

I preordered them to be sure I'd get them as soon as they were released. It's the kind of items you need to preorder if you want one, they often sell out on the day of release.

Aoba was around (in USD) 120 and Jude was around 70. Shipping by EMS cost about 50. The total was still pretty affordable, but I got custom fees, of course! So it ended up being a bit pricy :/

EMS shipping was very fast and Hobbysearch only took a day or 2 to send out my parcel. I was one of the first to receive Jude I think since I got the chance to post a picture before everyone else.

On to the review now!

Hobbysearch had packed both figures very tightly and securely. The box was pretty big too because of the size of Aoba's box.



You can compare them pretty well here.



So let's begin with Aoba.
It came unassembled, pretty much the same as every other figure I got so far.



My worst enemy!!!




 The base was a pain to assemble. The figure is really fragile. I say that because I actually scratched the base pretty bad in 2 places even though I was VERY careful... I feel so bad now. But I found a tutorial on how to repaint it fortunately.



Aoba looks funny like that...



What it looks like once assembled! I really like the pose, it's so original compared to the other figures where the character is just standing there... doing pretty much nothing. I also like the fact that there is one object for every character of the game on the stand. The umbrellas for Clear, the green blocks for Noiz, the birds for Koujaku and the pipe for Mink.... and Ren is also there in his allmate form. What else can we ask of a figure???


A close up of the side of Aboa's head. There's so many details, you can clearly read what is written on the headphones. And the logo on his sleeve looks great too.



 A close up of Ren. He is so cute! The figure also came with a bonus Ren keychain, I left it hanging of one of the chains of the base, I think you can see it on one of the pictures above.



And one last close-up to finish his review.



So overall I really like the figure. I wish it would be bigger... I know it is already really big (around 30 cm with the base), but I would love if it could be the center of attention of my collection. The figure is really detailed and very accurate too. Every single detail is there. It really was worth the price. While it was more expensive than ultimate Madoka, I still don't regret choosing him over her, especially considering that he is sold out everywhere at the moment while she's not.




Now it's Jude's turn!
I haven't played the game yet since it is not released here. But I've seen enough footage of the game to know what he is supposed to be like.

This figure is pretty small compared to Aoba. Only 15 cm with the base. There were rumors that the painting job was messy. Some reviews indeed showed paint bleed and scuffs. But I got mine at the same time as the reviews came out so I didn't have time to become nervous. In the end the figure came out pretty well. Sure there are some minor imperfections, but nothing like what I saw in the reviews.

So this is the box. It looks really nice.



There was nothing to assemble apart from putting the figure onto base. It wasn't really difficult.
He looks like this from the front (say hi to Jake in the background!).



Here's a close-up of his face. Sorry for the dust, the sun was very strong and there was a lot of it in the air.



And here's the back. I like the flow of his coat, it looks dynamic. The stand is pretty too, there are some kind of bubbles in it to make it look like there are magic sparkles on it.


Overall I like this figure too, but compared to Aoba it,s a bit disapointing. This one was pretty expensive for a 15 cm figure. But at least it is well done and the pose is great. I don't regret buying it either.

Finally, here's what they both look like compared to all my other figures (well most of them). It's quite crowded now... I can't wait to move to our new appartment and buy a glass display for them all. I have 2 Yu-gi-oh figures that don't fit on the shelf since they are even bigger than Inuyasha!


*Kinerai*


2 comments: