Monday, May 13, 2013

Crossplay - Compression Shirt

Hi guys!

I've been dojng crossplay for a lot of years now and something always got in the way. You know where I'm going right? That's right, breasts are quite a big problem when it comes to crossplay.

When I began crossplay (well at the same time that I began cosplay actually) I only used a swimming suit top with a tie wrap... it somehow worked because I had smaller breast and was wearing a lot of layers of clothes. But as the years went by I noticed that my breasts were still very appearant despite the swimsuit top.

Last year at G-anime I tried binding my breasts with bandages for the first time and it was quite painful, considering that I have asthma. Of course, after a few minutes I could forget the bandages, but they kept falling appart and my friend had to help me put them on in the first place. It wasn't really reliable and not as effective as what I wished it would've been.

I didn't see myself putting on bandages again for Otakuthon this summer, with the heat and all... so I went on the internet to search for more effective ways. I came accross something very interesting. People were talking about compression shirts. I went to see pictures and reviews to get a good idea of what it is.

People were talking mainly about 2 websites.

T-Kingdom
and
Underworks

The first one would be for girls with smaller breasts and the second one is technically supposed to be for men.

I chose to use the latter since I don't really have small breasts and the compression vest from T-Kingdom wouldn't work very well on me it seems.

So I ordered last week from underworks. My package arrived in approximately 4 days, regardless of the weekend via DHL. I hate DHL but since I was home today everything was fine and I was there to get my package.

The model I ordered is the tri-top chest binder in the nude color. It cost about 29$ plus something like 15-17$ shipping (why is shipping to Canada always so expensive???).

Here's what the shirt looks like (it's more of a camisole really).
 


And here's the miracle it can accomplish!


I do have pictures without my shirt on but, well, I'm not too sure about showing this on the internet XD But basically it looks as if I actually had abs. If I decided to paint the camisole to make it appear more muscular it would be great for an open chest crossplay really, especially because of the nude color and the shape it gives to my breasts.

It is hard to put on as it is very tight, but once it's on you forget about it very soon. Mine may be a bit too tight under the arms but I am loosing weight at the moment so it will fit me when the time of my next cosplay event comes.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and it will definitely be useful in the near future and for many years.

*Kinerai*






No comments:

Post a Comment